Title: NIV Essentials Study Bible
Subtitle: Easily Grasp the Fundamentals of Scripture through Lenses from 6 Bestselling NIV Resources
Publication Date: 26.11.2013
The NIV Essentials Study Bible combines the entire NIV Bible text with content, images and study tools from six bestselling NIV resources. It features a variety of different ways to explore and study God’s Word, namely question-and-answer studies; detailed in-text study notes; timelines, photos and charts; helpful devotional insights; and profiles of Bible characters.
- The Flyover Lens from the Essential Bible Companion offers easy-to-read introductions to each book of the Bible.
- The Unpack Lens provides bottom-of-the page study notes and in-text charts from the NIV Study Bible.
- The Dig Deep, Look Close Lens helps readers understand the historical significance of the Bible with articles and photos from the NIV Archaeological Study Bible.
- The Q&A Lens from the NIV Quest Study Bible presents easy-to-understand answers to some of the most perplexing questions about the Bible.
- The NIV Student Bible offers three lenses through which to explore the Bible: the People Lens to view Scriptures from the perspective of the 100 most important people in the Bible; the Guided Tour Lens to get a bird’s eyes view of God’s Word; and the Insight Lens to help readers find meaning in the Bible.
- The R&R Lens from The Great Rescue, NIV allows readers to Reflect & Respond by providing inspirational focus time.
All these study methods and more help readers quickly and easily understand, interpret and apply God’s Word to their lives. Combining all these resources in one place makes the NIV Essentials Study Bible very much live up to its name. With this Bible, one doesn’t really need any other supplementary material.
I found the various lenses very helpful and informative. Using the ebook version allowed for easy and quick jumps between the different study tools. However, finding specific Bible passages was not as easy and intuitive as it is when using a Bible app. I would therefore recommend the print copy even though the easy navigation between the study tools is a big plus for the ebook version.
Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers programme. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.